It’s been a while since we’ve updated the blog and there are some good reasons for that. First and foremost we moved! Second, as planned, we rented out our house. Lastly, and least exciting, I’ve been quite busy at work…
So lets start with the big news! We moved to a beautiful, new to us, house about 15 minutes away from our old house. Moving took a very long time and was a ton of work. Luckily it was cheap! We did all the moving ourselves and didn’t even have to rent a truck. However, the flip side of that is that it took much longer than a normal move. I wont bore you with the back breaking details but I will show you our beautiful new house!
The old house was too small for a family of six (the two of us, the twins, a dog, and a cat!) The new house is perfect for us and we are very blessed to call it home.
What I completely underestimated was the work needed to get the old house ready to rent. I did all of the work myself and it seemed like it took foreverrrrr. Painting the interior took the most time as I re-did everything including the massive amounts of trim. Here is a little snapshot of the lighter color that we went with to get the house rent ready:
And here are a couple “after” pictures:
Another mistake and ended up wasting a lot of time was that I thought we had a property management all lined up but when it came time to pull the trigger they were un-responsive and more expensive than originally planed for. I was not comfortable at all with the way they were doing business so I backed out and had to find a property management company at the last minute. As it turned out, we ended up with a great management company who rented our place after only 7 days on the market for a considerably higher rent and less fees! That is a win win. 🙂
We are now pretty much moved into our new place and we love it. Now that things have calmed down a bit I plan on getting back out to the Alberg to continue work. Also – the new house has a big storage building with power that I can make into a shop! So maybe I can get some teak work done finally. 🙂