I have long wanted to pressure wash the bottom of the boat. There is a lot of chalky old bottom paint that I want to get out of the way so I can sand and fair any spots that look like they need attention. This will also give me the opportunity to prepare the outer half of the recent seacock installations and properly seat the thru-hulls.
This post will be mainly pictures of the process. There is not much to talk about when it comes to pressure washing. It took a long time and was difficult – thats about it. haha. Now the job is done. I am happy to say that there were only about 6 barnacles on the bottom and there are no issues with “pox” or blisters. There are only a couple places that I want to sand down and fair but I will try to give the entire bottom a good once over with a sander. I don’t see any reason to go further since I didn’t really see any issues.
Here is what she looked like pre washing:
I started at the rudder:
As the day wore on, I finally finished up. I am very relieved to have this project done and do not look forward to sanding at all 😦