The other day when I was waiting for some epoxy to set up I started wandering around the boat, cleaning things up. It struck me that the bulkhead separating the v-berth and the head was just unfinished plywood on the head side. I guess I had to have known this but for some reason it just hit me that it would look much better painted like the rest of the head. Having it painted would also open up the small space, so I went to work without much hesitation.
I had already sanded this wood previously so I started with a good coat of primer on the bare wood.
Today I went out and was able to put the first coat of paint down. We are using Pettit EZ-Cabin Coat Off White throughout the boat.
When I get out to the boat next I will sand again and put a second coat of the Pettit down. So far I think its looking really good and it definitely opens up the small space.